Saturday, February 17, 2007

second to the right, and straight on 'till morning

Seeqpod is cool. I would love to find (or build, if I could) a web app that let me and a group of friends chat while listening to and collaborating on a collective music playlist. (Could ajax be used to stream the current song from the person who had added it to everyone else's browser?) I constantly want to share what I'm listening to with my friends and get their reactions, and listen to the music they think I would really dig. I can imagine keeping one browser window open on the collaborative list and just listening all day (gosh, maybe the site could watch a user's last.fm page to see what they've scrobbled recently and suggest that as the next song in the list.)

I don't know if I'm just paying more attention to what's happening online these days, or if it's actually the case that the rate of the creation of interesting and sophisticated web services & applications is accelerating. It seems like every day a new one is on someone's radar, remixing and building from what was on the radar yesterday. It's bewildering, but it's wonderful too, and it's the sort of thing presaged by ray kruzweil and everyone in the "Singularity" camp.

Or is this just the inevitable feeling of getting old? Take solace, for the internet is humanity's Neverland.

No comments: